How it started…
-2009-2013: … it started with the Ménagères Vertes (Green Housekeepers) created by Fabienne Müller in Geneva
Fabienne Müller did some research on micropullutants and on the impact of bleach on both our body and the environment. The findings are very clear: something had to change. And the only way to fight against this harmful and toxic substance was to reinvent everything from scratch. Fabienne Müller started thus to make her own household products. Soon after that she started to share her knowledge and her recipes during workshops.
After 6 years of workshops, she felt it was time to transmit her baby and started to look for someone, preferably a woman with a strong environmental sensitivity, who could animate a group and had a do-it-yourself culture.
- June 2013: Festival de la Terre à Lausanne
Fabienne and Virginie meet in front of a stall. Fabienne wants to sell her project whilst Virginie sees the start for a nice adventure! We met again in September 2013.
- September 2013: Virginie receives the support of the Swiss Fondation Microcrédit Solidaire and is ready to take over Les Ménagères Vertes. She hurries (by train of course) to tell Fabienne the good news. At last, after several weeks of discussions and training, les Ménagères Vertes change reins.
A promising takeoff towards our passion for green issues.
June 2014: Les Ménagères Vertes changes name and becomes GreenMop
Driving a small red car, Virginie travels easily across the French part of Switzerland to develop the workshops. She lives in Vevey and goes everywhere, from Fribourg to Vaud and Valais and from Geneva to Neuchâtel. Virginie is very happy to rely on Fabienne’s work but she doesn’t hesitate to also add her own touch (of bicarbonate!)
- April 2015: the simple blog becomes a website
- January 2016: the workshops are taught at the Ecole Club Migros
- September 2016: GreenMobBox e-business has taken off!
And it’s not over…